Sunday, November 23, 2014

Carolina Marin proves too good for Tee Jing Yi in Hong Kong Open 2014

Tee Jing Yi’s gallant run in the Hong Kong Open has ended.
The 23-year-old female singles shuttler found world champion Carolina Marin a tough nut to crack, going down 8-21, 17-21 in the quarter-finals on Friday.
Jing Yi went into the match on a high after beating world No. 3 Wang Yihan of China in the second round.
But the Malaysian, making her first quarter-final appearance in a Superseries event, was a bundle of nerves against the left-handed Spaniard.
“It was a tough game and Carolina was faster on court. She controlled the game with her attacking play,” said Jing Yi.
“I just couldn’t keep up ... but it’s a good eye-opener. Now I know I have to continue working harder to improve myself.
“It’s been a great run ... making my first quarter-final appearance at this level. I’m hoping to take my game up a level and do well in every other tournament I compete in, not just the Superseries events.”
The 21-year-old Marin will meet Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara in the semi-finals.
Okuhara, the 2012 world junior champion, defeated reigning world junior champion and team-mate Akane Yamaguchi 21-15, 21-11.
Taiwan’s Tai Tzu-ying bagged a major scalp when she knocked out third seed and China Open winner Saina Nehwal of India with a 21-15, 21-19 win.
In men’s singles, world champion Chen Long rebounded from an early exit at the China Open last week to trounce Japan’s Takuma Ueda 21-16, 21-11 in the quarter-finals.
He will meet India’s K. Srikanth, who defeated home favourite Wei Nan 21-14, 21-15, for a place in the final.
                           
source thestar.com.my
Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment